- NPR, Fresh Air with Terry Gross, Interview
- NPR, The Takeaway, Interview
- C-SPAN Book TV
- THINK, with Krys Boyd, Interview, on KERA/NPR
- New York Times Op-Ed, When the Police Become Prosecutors
- The Atlantic, a very short book excerpt
- Cape UP with Jonathan Capehart, podcast (and video)
- New Thinking podcast, Center for Court Innovation
- N.Y. Post Op-Ed, How a simple misdemeanor could land you in jail for months
- MPR, Minnesota Public Radio interview
- Law and Disorder Radio
- The Majority Report with Sam Seder (and on YouTube)
- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- Publishers Weekly, starred review
- Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2018
- Bustle, The 6 Best Nonfiction Books Coming Out in December 2018
- Literary Hub, 11 Books You Should Read This December
- NYLON, 50 Books You’ll Want to Read in 2019
- Paste Magazine Review
- Dec 31: Publication date
- Jan 3: Politics and Prose, with Jonathan Capehart, Washington D.C., 7:00 p.m.
- Jan 28: Brooklyn Historical Society, Brooklyn, NY, 6:30 p.m.
- Feb 25: Powell’s Bookstore, Portland, OR, 7:30 p.m.
- Feb 26: Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA, 12:00 p.m.
- Mar 12: U.C. Davis School of Law, Davis, CA, 12:00 p.m
- Mar 19: Cleveland Marshall School of Law, Cleveland, OH 5:00 p.m.
- Mar. 20: Cleveland City Club, Cleveland, OH 12:00 noon